A question/survey of sorts for users of Navigator

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:01:50 EST 2022

I was thinking about something to support this, but I worry that it would
be over-engineered:

Allow defining a set of conditions, matched with actions, and then run the
conditions in order and the first (all?) that match execute the
corresponding action. Meaning in your case you'd do something like (not
tested just pseudo-code):

char 1 to 3 of the short name of it = "lbl"    edit the text of it

But again, that would require a lot of work I think, both for me and for
each user to configure it.

I'm wondering if the easier way is to just allow a way for a double-click
to <apply the last menu option that was used in Navigator>. That wouldn't
make it customizable by control type, but would make it easy to e.g. edit
the text of a bunch of labels one after the other. But if you then edited
the colors of a graphic, the concept of editing the text would be lost and
editing the colors of a control would be queued up for the special
double-click.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <