Into the future

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Mon Feb 28 13:18:46 EST 2022

Hi Bob,

> Am 28.02.2022 um 18:18 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Okay, so I am at the point that I cannot build apps without codesigning and notarizing. Livecode will throw an error now if I try and don't have these certificates installed. Great.
>
> So I have been going through the tutorial, and I see I have to be an Apple Developer, which means I have to shell out yet another $100 per year. Fine, I did that, even though my app is for internal consumption only.
>
> Now It appears that for me to get the certificates needed to create a Mac standalone, I need xCode! Okay, I go to download xCode, and it will not install because my MacOS is too old! 10.15.1 is apparently ancient! So I am at the point now where I am asking myself, is this really worth it? After all the back and forth on the list where people's certificates expire, or the version of xCode they are forced to use isn't compatible with one thing or another, is building Mac standalones really worth it?
>
> So my question is, do I really have to go through all this just to create a Mac standalone from livecode? Or do these other utilities, mrSignNotarizeHelperV3 for example, eliminate the need for all of that?
>
> Bob S

you can still create a standalone with LC without any certificate etc.!

> ...even though my app is for internal consumption only.

But your user(s) need to check -> Allow downloads from: Appstore and trusted developers
In the macOS system settings -> Security

And after the they need to right-click your app and select "Open..." from the context menu
and confirm once or twice that they really want to open that app.

After that they can doubleclick the app furthermore like the used to.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major