Using tsNetSmtpsync in Livecode app doesn't store sent messages on host smtp server

Peter Thirkell peter.thirkell at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Feb 28 04:07:43 EST 2022

I have an email server (using LivecodeHosting) which can be connected to by an email client using standard settings. When emails are sent using say Apple Mail, a copy of sent messages is automatically retained on the IMAP server, as well as within the Mail app itself.

When I create a simple Livecode app for sending emails using TSNet<https://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/685661-how-to-send-e-mail-using-the-tsnet-external> using smtp on the same email server, it successfully sends emails which I can verify are being received. In this case however no copies of sent messages are retained on the IMAP host server. Is there a TSNet setting which will retain a copy of sent emails on the host server? Is there also a way of keeping a copy of sent emails within the Livecode app itself after it is MIME encoded?

Thanks any advice.