Standalone build under Big Sur on M1 Airbook

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Feb 22 15:04:28 EST 2022

I was just building an app under Big Sur on a new M1 Airbook when during
the build process with the build dialog showing "Copying files..." the
macOS told me the command 'lipo' was not installed and did I want to
download it.

Has anyone else seen this?

I mean I already get a whole pile of "Do you want to allow permission to
..." the Desktop, Documents, etc. etc.

You would think the LC being code signed, entitled, notarized, stapled,
etc. would mean the macOS would not ask me, but Apple is nuts with
"security" these days.