ChatGPT

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 9 15:58:41 EST 2022

I just tried, again, this time, capitalizing the "W" in "Write:"
Write a calendar app in livecode

Here is an example of a simple calendar app written in LiveCode:

Copy code
on mouseUp set the month of the date to 1 set the day of the date to 1
set the year ofthe date to the year of this date repeat for each day
in the month of this date put the short date into field "day_" & the
day of this date add 1 to the day of this date endrepeat end mouseUp

This script sets the date to the first day of the current year, then
iterates through each day in the current month and displays the short date
(e.g. "Jan 1") in a field with a dynamic name (e.g. "day_1").

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 3:46 PM Glen Bojsza via use-livecode <

> forgot the most important things...the greatest benefit comes from being
> able to properly phrase your request.
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 3:43 PM Glen Bojsza <gbojsza at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just for fun I thought I would add a few things here.
> >
> > 1. if you add the chrome extension from https://sharegpt.com/ then you
> > can print save the chat.openai.com output seamlessly.
> >
> > 2. If you are ambitious you could port this extension to safari and then
> > port it to ios for iphone and ipda
> >
> > 3. if you used hypercard instead of livecode there were more sample code
> > available and then you could easily migrate to livecode (similarly to get
> > complex routines you could ask for python or another language that had a
> > large code base to pull from)
> >
> > 4. you can start with asking it to write a routine and then after it
> > responds you can then ask it to enhance the routine or add to the routine
> > etc as if you were dialoguing with a programmer
> >
> > 5. I have found that it makes its best effort based on the level of cases
> > and so not all the code is correct but fairly close (I did a test with
> > mathematica). Optionally copilot is more rigid and alpha code is also
> more
> > precise but limited to two languages
> >
> > 6. it's other strength is writing blog topics, letters, marketing etc
> >
> > Not sure if any of this is of interest.....

> ChatGPT
> >>
> >> Stephen,
> >>
> >> See the lines labelled ME? That's what I did. And that's all that I did.
> >> Try it yourself!
> >> chat.openai.com/chat <http://chat.openai.com/chat>
> >>
> >> JimL

   and did a little diving.