the script of <object> with line numbers?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Aug 29 19:11:09 EDT 2022

On 8/29/2022 6:58 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 8/29/22 14:36, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
>> Is there a way (an existing function or command in the language or
>> IDE) to get the script of an object WITH the line numbers as you see
>> them in the IDE script editor?
>
> While some clever solutions have been posted, I gotta ask WHY?

In our applications, we trap the script error dialog and replace the
default with our own. That dialog lets customers send the
executionContexts and some other debugging information to us to report
an error (if one gets by quality/beta testing).

So we get the executionContext that say "error such and such occurred at
line 342 of some handler". The line number is the line of the whole
script the handler is in.

When we et the message and log the problem in our instance of Bugzilla,
one of the 1st things is to look at the script and see what the line of
code references actually says.

It could reduce a trouble should step to include the line numbers
programmatically in the error report.

No a huge priority in the scheme of things, but a "nice to have" sort of
thing. Does that answer the "why?"