Livecode performance problem

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Aug 19 19:03:22 EDT 2022

It's probably a lot of text. The engine has to start from the beginning of every string then scan through for every cr or lf or cr/lf or whatever counts as a line break, until if finds the nth one. The more lines, the longer the scan takes each time, and the more text per line the exponentially more time it takes. Multiply that by 4 times plus the combinination of all of them as the code progresses *4 for the output string and you have the makings of a mountain that keeps getting steeper the higher you go.

That is my understanding at least.

Bob S