A few issues with web apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 18 15:52:57 EDT 2022

I have just created my first web deployment and I'm *very* impressed. I didn't need to change
any of the original scripts, the only changes were for visual elements that were different when
run in a browser.  Aside from appearance, the scripts ran flawlessly.

On desktop it's great in all three browsers I tested on. But I ran into issues when running in
mobile browsers on Android. Does anyone know how to fix these things:

1. Editable fields fail with both SwiftKey and GBoard keyboards, though they fail in different
ways. The cursor is misaligned on GBoard, I can't type spaces in SwiftKey, and it is impossible
to drag-select text in either one. Do I need an Android native field? Right now I'm just using
LC fields.

2. The slider widget does not allow dragging the round indicator button. I can tap the bar to
get an approximate setting but fine tuning with the slider button is impossible. Rather than
slide, the whole web canvas moves instead.

3. I have some scrolling fields and the default Motif scrollbar looks awful. How do I implement
a native browser scroller? Should I use the scripts I use for mobile devices? What's the best
way to implement scrolling fields?

All in all, everything else works, which is really quite incredible.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com