issue related to Print.PrintSupport.Source.dll

Douglas A. Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Thu Aug 18 14:18:25 EDT 2022

I VERY much appreciate the feedback … it helps not to feel isolated with a virtually unsolvable issue which affects one’s credibility with clients.  It is somewhat strange that this does seem to implicate LC to some degree, though.  A version of my code which (probably) used whatever LC version was fairly current in 2013 (I should, but don’t, keep track of what version of LC I use for various releases of my applications) DOES NOT exhibit this issue on the very same installations which are experiencing the error.

I would have used LC v 9.1 to produce the standalone which is *VERY* occasionally exhibiting this issue.  So … apparently … sometime along the way, LC changes seem to have “promoted” the potential for this error.

I’ve told the customers that I cannot possible fix something which I cannot reproduce.  I’ve also insinuated that even if LC *does* discover and fix the underlying issue, that I *WILL NOT* re-issue a new version with the VAST majority of 5,000+ installations NOT experiencing a problem … citing the amount of regression testing which would be mandated as a part of such a revision.

Again, thanks for the responses… this group is ALWAYS awesome in its support and knowledge!

Douglas Ruisaard

    Trilogy Software
      (250) 573-3935