More Server Silliness

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Mon Aug 15 08:58:25 EDT 2022

With Alex and everyone's help, I got the global vs cookies, etc.,
sorted out and am happily paginating away with my little
membership web site.

With Kenji's help, I got automatic address fill-in from Japanese
zip codes.

However, I was looking at LiveCode's server samples
(serversamples.livecode.com/index.lc) and thought, gee, the Ajax
filtering looks pretty neat.

So I set off to make that work, and failed. I'd give up on it,
but after wasting THIS much time on it, I gotta bring it to you
all for a little input and hopefully another bail-out.

Just for testing, I made two new files. The first with the code
LC provides at
https://serversamples.livecode.com/display-file.lc?filename=ajax-simple.lc
and the second from step 3 of the ajax sample page,
https://serversamples.livecode.com/ajax.lc.

Changed only the bits needed to pull data from my database. File
one, ajax-simple.lc, lists my data and an input box just like the
sample page. But it sends no info via GET to the second file,
filter.lc. If I manually put the GET info in the
URL,(filter.lc?search_term=John, I get the filtered data I
expect, but in the filter.lc window -- the data is not returned
to File 1, ajax-simple.lc.

Has anyone using LC Server gotten that ajax sample to work??

Many thanks,

Tim Selander