Running installer on Windows 10

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 16:59:05 EDT 2022

I am testing a stack on some different systems, and on Mac M1, Mac Intel, Intel i7 PC with Windows 10, and an Intel Celeron N5095 with Windows 11, no problems.

On an Intel Celeron N3450, Windows 10, nothing happens when opening the LiveCode 9.6.8 x86-64 installer, or if I open a standalone app that I made. When using run as admin, the initial “are you sure” screen appears, but then after that nothing happens.

What could be different between a Celeron N5095 and a Celeron N3450, that would account for why LiveCode applications don’t open?

I see from this post:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/epic-games-launcher-does-not-open/420387 <https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/epic-games-launcher-does-not-open/420387>

that some software might not like an Intel HD Graphics 500, but would that be a reason for the installer to fail silently?

I worked around the issue for now by saving the stack as v7. The 7.1.3 installer works ok.