wait 0 with messages (and the defaultStack)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 1 16:08:30 EDT 2022

It's my understanding that wait allows idle messages from the engine to be sent. When that happens, any send in time messages are processed. Wait with messages allows any other messages including engine messages to be processed.

For instance, I have a FindBar object that uses wait 1 second with messages in a keyDown handler so that as the user continues to type the keystrokes can be processed. If the user pauses for 1 or more seconds, the code that performs the find is triggered, and then I exit to top to prevent any more unnecessary processing (otherwise the loop would keep going until all the keystrokes were processed).

Bob S