Pulldownmenu button bug on Windows

Craig Newman craig at starfirelighting.com
Fri Apr 29 09:07:31 EDT 2022

Hi.

I will say again that the format of the forum is so much easier to work with.

I made a pulldown and two fields, with these two handlers in the button script:

on menuPick pItemName

put pItemname into fld 1

end menuPick

on mouseleave

put random(999) into fld 2

end mouseleave

On my Mac ( I will never voluntarily use Windows) the menuItem is always nicely placed into fld 1 after being selected. A random number appears in fld 2 nicely as well.

The mouseLeave handler fires immediately if I just enter the button rect and leave it without ever clicking the mouse to invoke a menu. Makes sense.

What I found interesting is that when the cursor is below the actual button, "within" the pulldown menu space, that handler fires after an ordinary menu selection,. It is as if the mouse has “left” the button rect by virtue of the menu “space” disappearing after a selection is made. Either that or LC “sees” the entirety of the button and the menu space as its rect.

Whatever. But that is how the Mac works. I apologize, but I see that I have been of no help to you at all.

Craig