devcon 2022 recap

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Apr 28 15:45:28 EDT 2022

On 4/28/22 12:02, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:

> * The whole low-code piece...meh. It feels like they're chasing another
> dead end.

Oh, I gotta disagree there. Just a different target audience.

Maybe not for those of us already in the flock, but I think what's been
missing from LiveCode is that first-user experience. The one when you
first launched HyperCard and were able to connect a button to a new card
without doing anything more than point and click and bang! you had a
working application. I think appli can be the gateway drug to LC that
expands the subscriber base, and that's good for everybody.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com