devcon 2022 recap

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 28 15:02:19 EDT 2022

just a couple of thoughts from the whole two hours I was on for Monday:
* Cough up your $299 for LCG, today.
* This wasn't discussed, but there is supposed to be some fixing coming in
dp's of 10 for behaviors, especially nested behaviors
* The whole low-code piece...meh. It feels like they're chasing another
dead end.
* I heard some hints about discussion of some better object management and
handling. I hope that happens.
* Still nothing on dealing with the way groups are handled.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 4/28/22 08:39, matthias rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>
> > I was so impressed especially by the planned new features of LC that i
> subscribed right away to the upcoming  LC Global 22/23 which starts in May
> this year.
> > https://livecode.com/global/global2022/ <
> https://livecode.com/global/global2022/>
>
> Same here. I misjudged the time so I overslept and missed Mark
> Waddingham's keynote but I'll catch it on the rebound. I do think Appli
> gives LC what's been missing to draw in new users, so check out Mark
> Talluto's keynote on day 3 for the details. And I highly recommend Craig
> Newman's lightning talk.
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   ahsoftware at gmail.com