Encountering slow navigation to a card containing very large fields? Do this one simple trick.

David Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:09:42 EDT 2022

Sorry for belated response.  Easter visitors.

The user just initiates the automatic filtering for various keywords.  Once completed, the original imported text (field 1) remains in  its original form so that the user can click on a line in field 2 (i.e identified as containing a specific word or phrase) and then the text is selected and displayed in field 1  in its original context.  That works really well.

I’m happy with a medium term option to explore using datagrids, but I am still intrigued that placing the groups containing fields on navigated-from-cards eliminates the delay in transition.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Honorary Professor, Nottingham Trent University
Sexual Offences, Crime and Misconduct Research Unit
Consultant Forensic & Clinical Psychologist
Carlton Glasgow Partnership
Director, Child & Family Training, York

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvglasgow/>