CSV to TSV (was Re: Tools & techniques for one-off consolidation of multiple 'similar' CSV files?)

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Apr 5 13:17:01 EDT 2022

Hi Keith,

that code will fail for any commas which occur within quoted entries -
they will be wrongly converted to TABs

I'd suggest getting cvsToTab (a community effort by Richard Gaskin, me
and a whole host of others over the years) as a good starting place, and
perhaps finishing place. It will handle most CSV oddities (not all of
them - that is provably impossible :-).

This does an efficient walk through the data, remembering whether it is
inside or outside quoted entries, and hence handles commas accordingly.

https://github.com/macMikey/csvToText/blob/master/csvToTab.livecodescript

Alex.