LC IDE Menu suddenly is slow / responds slowly

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Fri Sep 17 04:25:54 EDT 2021

Hi,

i am currently noticing a massive slow down of the LC 9.6.4 IDE menu. Not right away after opening Livecode IDE, but after some time of usage.
I never noticed that in 9.6.3. Clicking on an main menu entry takes then about 2 or 3 seconds until i can see the submenu

But I am not sure if this is really only an LC problem or due to the fact that i upgraded to Big Sur around the same time as LC 9.6.4 was released.

Currently i only notice this slow down of the menu in 9.6.4 and i am not able to see this in 9.6.3. But maybe i am a little bit to impatient and my testing is too short.

In the activity monitor i cannot see anything unusual. Now large memory consumption of LC and no high CPU usage.

After a restart of LC the IDE menu behaves normal, but some time later it slows down.

Is anyone else experiencing the same or a similar behavior?

Regards,

Matthias