Text encoding.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 2 22:55:57 EDT 2021

I made the same mistake at first. The concepts felt backward to me, it 
seemed like we should encode text into the format we were aiming for. So If 
I wanted UTF16 I should encode it that way. If I wanted UTF8 for outbound 
text I should decode the UTF16 that LC uses.

When the receiving server scripts went haywire I finally figured it out, 
but not before the Rails programmer wrote code to undo the gibberish I was 

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com
On September 2, 2021 7:55:45 PM Alex Tweedly via use-livecode 
<use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> i.e.I encoded it on the way in.
> It should have been
>    put textDecode(pStr, "UTF8") into pStr
> With that changed, my tiny test script works properly

More information about the use-livecode mailing list