LiveCode Community - anyone up for maintaining the community edition?

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 08:59:14 EDT 2021

The main reasons I stopped contributing were:
No easy support for LiveCode script as it was all in binary so versioning
was non-existent.
Life cycle between a pull request, merge and deployment

The dictionary was the only place I was able to properly contribute. But it
still sucked a lot. And was inconsistent between the Doc Viewer and the Doc
panel in the script editor. I kind-of got fed up with all of it. The new AI
thing is cool. But it would be good to have a good portal for submitting
updates and improving the quality of the Guide/Dictionary.

Liking where LC10 is heading. I was an outspoken naysayer of Open Sourcing.
TBH, I didn't understand the need. I liked it a bit more when it happened.
I definitely liked peeking into the core and getting a better understanding
of how stuff like the datagrid worked and other bits and bobs.

But I am happier now it's gone back into the hands of LCLtd. It makes much
more sense.

I'd be interested to know if a new SDK is being implemented if it's now no
longer open source. Or if Widgets and LCB will remain the main way in
(which is probably fine).

Sean
*Pi *

On Wed, 1 Sept 2021 at 13:26, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <