Our survey - please don't discuss :)

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:45:10 EDT 2021

I honestly do not remember if I unsubscribed or not.

I am often sent this type of survey re education (ESL and programming)
and have
come, personally, to regard them as an utter waste of time.

Asking people to choose a number on a scale (1 - 10, 1-5, or whatever)
only results
in nebulous responses to nebulous questions.

Now, Sean's response was "in your face" in a way a survey-monkey thing
cannot be.

LiveCode have received quite a few "in your face" responses recently:
responding by sending out a survey-monkey
thing seems a fairly feeble way to respond.

I would deal with these "in your face" responses in the following way:

1. We wanted to have a sea change here at LiveCode, and we certainly
have precipitated one.

1.1. If we REALLY want demonstrate that we listen to people who use
LiveCode we should DO that
in terms of tangible results.

2. So, let's get in a huddle and work our way through these "in your
face" responses and see
if they contain some common threads and themes.

2.1. No, NOT 20 minutes over a cup of coffee: an all-nighter with lots
of cursing, swearing and
admitting a few home truths about oneself.

3. Having narrowed down any common threads and themes it might be a good
idea to act upon
them NOW.

My personal "cut", which as, primarily and educator is likely to be
different from the other writers
of "in your face" responses, is to "retrench" almost completely to the
end of the LiveCode 8 series and
FIX every bug from before 8.2.0 (the odd DP2 that went the way of all
flesh) that still has a significant
negative effect on any aspect of LiveCode 8.2 whatsoever.

I will sign this the way I used to sign my postings a few years ago when
I had the feeling
there was some decent to-and-fro going on.

Love, Richmond.