OT: Priorities (was: Re: Stack with the same name loop)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Oct 7 00:49:27 EDT 2021

On October 6, 2021 9:26:37 PM "Sean Cole \(Pi\) via use-livecode"

> I have this thing. I don't know if it's just part of my BPD/EUD or the
> 48years I've spent on the wrong side of this planet (the outside),

I think it's the BPD, but I had to smile at the side of the planet you live
on. :)

>    People always 'SEEM' nice. But in 'real - life' they're just people -
> just like everyone else - bumbling masses of meat - looking out for
> themselves - putting on the good show of caring and loving and kind -
> making the appearance of someone trustworthy - but every... single...
> one... is beyond trust because, like everyone else, they too have
> themselves to deal with - and that sucks - for everyone!

Yes, but no. All you have to do is read this list to see how kind most
people are, there's no requirement to post here. People come in all types.
There are some bad ones, but they are often victims themselves. In the long
run, we are just bags of chemicals and you were unfortunately burdened with
unbalanced mix. It isn't your fault, but it warps your world view.

> I got told by Heather just recently

I hope you meet her in person some day. She's one of the genuine people. In
fact, everyone on the LC team is genuine and if you get to know them  I
think you'll see it too. They are all devoted to LC but  they have to make
considered choices in what to address at any given time given the resources
available to them. They work their butts off. They need a bigger team.

In the larger picture, what would you address first: an irritating dialog
box for which there is an irritating workaround, a crash that prevents you
from working, the shifting requirements of the mobile platforms that
prevents us from submitting to the app stores (thank you team for fixing
the new Android requirements, my submission deadline is in 2 weeks), the
improvements to the web platform?

That's a hypothetical question. Something to think about.

Sorry for veering off-topic.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com