Stack with the same name loop

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 6 23:27:42 EDT 2021

I do something similar but it's a lot less trouble.

  Save the stack.
  Go to Finder /Explorer and duplicate it. Rename the copy.
any properties there.

Occasionally as I work I realize that I've implemented a lot of changes
that I may not want to keep. So before I save the stack, I duplicate it in
Finder so I have a copy of the one I'm working on as it was before I wrote
myself into a corner. That's come in handy.

I don't have much trouble with the duplicate stack dialog because I always
hit the Purge button which removes the first one from memory and opens the
second one. I don't remember ever actually seeing a loop. If I want to work
with two same-named stacks together I have two methods.

1. Open one of them in another copy of LC. I always have at least 3
different versions running at the same time, and yes, you have to be
careful when you do that. I usually choose this method because most often I
just want to copy a handler or a control.

2. Temporarily rename the first one slightly, open the second, do what you
want, then close and remove the second one from memory and set the name of
the first one back to normal.

None of this has ever required me to quit LC. I suppose now that I've
mentioned it, something will happen...

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On October 6, 2021 7:04:07 PM "Brian K. Duck via use-livecode"