access DOM in browser widget?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Mon Nov 22 21:02:34 EST 2021

Sorry to pick up this thread half a year later, but I am
searching for an answer to a related problem.

On the LiveCode Forums I learned that if the page is loaded in a
Browser widget on the desktop version of LC, you can [get the
htmltext of widget "browser"] and get the info JS provides that
is not part of the page's HTML source code. (In my case, I want
the number of plays of a track on Soundcloud.)

But I would like to get at this JS/DOM info through an LC Server
script running on my on-rev.com server -- no browser widget there.

Does anyone know how to get the JS/DOM generated text from a web
page using LC Server?

Any help appreciated!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan