XCode command line tools 12

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 19 15:09:02 EDT 2021

I'm still debating what to do about XCode on a Mojave machine. Couple of questions:

1. LC says to use 12.1 but the latest command line tools are 12.5. Is 12.1 specifically
required or is a newer version okay? 12.1 was a GM seed but was quickly updated to 12.2.

2. The main question: I've downloaded the tools manually and I could run the package installer
to install them. What would happen if I install the 12.x tools on a Mojave machine?

Could I rename the old folder, install the new tools, and if it breaks, put the old folder
back? Does anyone know if this will work, or do I need to make the plunge and see what happens?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com