making transparent pdf output

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:51:47 EDT 2021

I’m finally getting back to work on this project.

The first thing I need to do is figure out how to make livecode pdf output transparent.

A page of one will be mostly fields with transparent backgrounds.  But when I pint to pdf, the background of the card, supposedly transparent, renders as grey when merged on top of another pdf (much as a card with no background color).

Is there a way to make livecode produce a pdf with a transparent background?

Or failing that, a way to edit its pdf output to make its background transparent?

I’m *trying* to find a forum for working with raw pdf, but the noise is so heavy from all the pdf software that I can’t find anything..   I’m stuck working from the adobe reference document at the moment, which is kind of like trying multivariate calculus without understanding algebra . . .

—
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
The Hawkins Law Firm
3430 E. Flamingo Rd.