Close & remove from memory - Engine hang

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri May 7 12:17:34 EDT 2021

Panos:

 > If I remember correctly, this happened on Big Sur only,
 > and it is fixed in LC 9.6.2 rc-X

No way.

Hangs have become a defining feature of the LC experience.
They are quite common on both Mac and PC in various situations.

I'm not disputing that you fixed "something" recently.
Perhaps a specific Hang, or specific Hang trigger.
But there are plenty more waiting to be fixed.

Big Sur only? Not at all. I've had many LC hangs, and please note:
I don't even have Big Sur yet. Windows and Mac both have hangs.
Nor have they completely disappeared as of LC 9.6.2 rc-X. (AFAIK.)

Yeah, I know: it's always a verify specific bug. "File another report."
And we will! But face facts - this is not affecting one single LC area.

That means the Hang (or Hangs) may not be only local or specific.
It's more like a general or systemic flaw throughout LC.
Either a deeper flaw, or else a bad coding habit being repeated.

So that means LC needs to look at the bigger picture.
Thus, you can make the entire "LC experience" less about Hangs. Thanks!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"