[bug] strange memory leak in LC

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 10:22:57 EDT 2021

Hello all,

After a brief Google search it seems there are some other apps that have a
similar memory leak after upgrading to Big Sur:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252276774
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252090206

The issue folks here (in this list) have mentioned does not seem to be
specific to M1 macs. It seems specific to Big Sur, since Andrew mentioned
he saw that in an iMac, and there are no M1 iMacs so far.

In the previous links people mention memory leaks in Safari. Do you also
see a memory leak with Safari? Also, did you use a stack with a browser
widget, when you experienced this issue? These 2 might be related.

Also, did you use (or did you leave open) the Dictionary stack? The
Dictionary does use a browser widget.

So far we are not able to reproduce the issue, because we either run Big
Sur on Parallels, and the VM is suspended when you choose "Sleep", or we
connect to a remote M1 Mac mini via VNC, and the connection will be lost if
we choose "Sleep" for this Mac.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 at 06:59, Phil Davis via use-livecode <