slow responsiveness on windows - what was it like? More Information about this fix

chipsm themartinz.com chipsm at themartinz.com
Wed Mar 31 08:03:25 EDT 2021

A bit ago, maybe a year or two, I was having really, really slow performance when I was doing LiveCode scripting. I posted my problem on this forum and someone made a suggestion about how the LiveCode Script editor makes a lot of reads and writes to your computer. The suggestion was made to look at your anti-virus protection as this was causing the problem.
I eliminated the problem by listing the LiveCode program (under the runrev folder) as an exception to the Virus Protection Scanning. That solved the problem.
Thank you to whomever that suggestion was made by because it was a really frustrating thing to put up with.
You can even list an exception if you are only using Windows Defender.

Sincerely,

Clarence Martin
Email: chipsm at themartinz.com