Text field in Windows standalone not receiving keyboard focus

Andrew at MidWest Coast Media andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Fri Jan 29 17:48:07 EST 2021

> - add a keydown handler in the field. Is it received?
This is received under the same circumstances described before. I can’t add a breakpoint because the Remote Debugger will take focus from the standalone, which is one of the known workarounds. If I add an answer “foo” the focus is properly shifted to the field after the modal.

> - add a keydown handler in the card. Who's the target?
The card also doesn’t receive this message until the focus issue is resolved as described before… interesting.

> - any front script or other library intercepting keystrokes?
Nope

> - any behaviors?
Datagrid, but not on this field or parent group.

> And if the normal culprits are exonerated, don't forget the more obscure
> and exotic possibilities:
>
> - white text, or textshift?
Nope, standard text that displays as soon as focus is properly received.

> - text added but clipped by a tabstop?
No tabs

> - does all your startup code get executed? (And preopencard/stack code?)
No errors thrown

> - is this a real Windows machine or virtualized setup?
Win10 Boot Camp install running through Parallels, but the client who complained is on native Win10 box.