Considering work with livecode server

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jan 20 10:53:12 EST 2021

So,

Displaying bundled content only (or mostly) allows Apple's static analysis
tools to take a look at your app. They can also identify outgoing
connections, so they know if you are opening remote pages. If all you do is
display local content, and there is no outgoing connections, then security
analysis of your app is easier (also, it works offline from the start which
is good). This is not an infalible system, but it works for the average
case.

As for having an app, that displays external webpages which allow you to
buy stuff might be a violation of Apple TOS. That is why you don't buy
Kindle books on the Kindle app on iOS. Amazon doesn't want to give Apple a
cut. An app that advertises itself as a browser has more leeway with this
than others. For example it is OK for Mozilla to ship "Firefox" (not really
Firefox, more like mozSafari) in iOS even though you can open web pages and
buy stuff with it. It is not OK for you to create an app that opens your
webstore and sells stuff.

I'll write another message about WebAssembly...

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 at 12:22, Mark Smith via use-livecode <

https://www.andregarzia.com <http://www.andregarzia.com>
Want to support me? Buy me a coffee at https://ko-fi.com/andregarzia