Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Jan 11 09:07:29 EST 2021

Hi

Brian got me involved in the fall 2020 semester of the xAPI cohort.   I worked on a team that created a service to generate xAPI statements from a Zoom meeting using the Zoom API.   I learned a lot about the Zoom API, web hooks and xAPI statements.

I have already signed up for the spring 2021 semester.

I would like to have a Zoom call for LiveCoders interested in this initiative.

The xAPI Cohorts have as one of the main activities projects which are worked on by teams.  The projects are then presented at the end of the semester.
I joined Team Zoom last semester to work with people who were already involved in working with xAPI in diffferent capacities, programmers, education designers, educators to help be learn more about xAPI in general.  This did not have a LiveCode focus.

I worked with Brian’s team, Team MakeyMakey a bit on his project which had some focus on LiveCode.

One think I would like to see come out of this eventually is a LiveCode Library for generating xAPI statements and sending them to a Learning Record Store.  My ultimate goal is to have my application use such a library create such statements and integrate with a LRS and a LMS.   Possible projects would be a good topic for a pre semester Zoom meeting.

Martin Koob