Building a Standalone MacOS App in 9.6.1

Heriberto Torrado htorrado at networkdreams.net
Wed Jan 6 13:03:01 EST 2021

Hi Terence,

This last year I've compiled and run several apps for Catalina. In the last month I've made four builds for MacOS Big Sur.
I have never needed to sign the app.

I have taken the applications on a USB to several clients and the only message I have received is the typical message:  "Are you sure to run this application. It has been downloaded from the Internet and may not be reliable and bla, bla.."

Sometimes, when MacOS blocks you from opening an app, it lists the app on the General tab on the Security & Privacy panel in System Preferences. Head to that panel and you'll see the blocked app listed with an Open Anyway button to create an exception and install it.

Best,

Heriberto Torrado
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Director de informática
Directeur informatique

NetDreams S.C.
http://www.networkdreams.net
 Address / Dirección / Adresse:
USA: 538 East 85th Street, #1C Manhattan NY, NY 10028 USA
Europe / Europa: Paseo de la Castellana 135 10ª Planta Madrid 28024 Spain / España