Building a Standalone MacOS App in 9.6.1

Andrew at MidWest Coast Media andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Wed Jan 6 12:30:19 EST 2021

So far I have been able to explain to my limited client base that this can be side stepped, and they are ok with that for now (AKA don’t want to pay for the necessary upgrade that will be needed).

If you double-click to open the app you will get a notice that the app isn’t notarized and you can’t launch. If you right-click (ctrl-click) on the app and select Open rather than double-clicking to open, your user will be given notice that the app isn’t notarized but will allow them to launch anyway.

I don’t see the notice when developing personal apps for use on my own machine. I’m assuming this is because the Developer key (or certificate?) is on my keychain so the app is somewhat verified.

—Andrew Bell