S3 Compatible?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Feb 24 16:37:17 EST 2021

Hi Todd

Given I’m the expert that needs to review this (I wrote the library) I thought I’d comment.

The library was implemented for a business customer that required AWS S3. There was no discussion or investigation at the time about whether it would be feasible to make the library work for non-AWS endpoints. Indeed I wasn’t fully aware that other objects storage services had replicated the AWS S3 API. As you suggest it’s quite feasible it could be just a small change however that requires investigation. I don’t know if there’s differences in authentication (the library only uses AWS signature version 4). Then there’s implementation time and testing against multiple endpoints which would take a while too. To be honest I think I could easily lose a few days doing this even if the actual library changes are trivial.

Rather than becoming annoyed I recommend you contact support at livecode.com <mailto:support at livecode.com> about your needs and discuss how they could be pushed higher up our todo list.

Cheers

Monte