Polygon fill algo?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 14 18:12:35 EST 2021

Thanks, Monte. I checked it out, but unfortunately none of the options
handle my specific use case in the way I want (which is arguably an
unrealistic expectation, given that I need to have the fill region paint
over some vertices).

I also discovered what may be a bug, or at least a curiosity: after
playing with the nonzero and evenodd options, I tried to restore the
default with:

   set the fillrule of the selobj to none

And got:

    Message execution error:
    Error description: Property: invalid enumeration value
    Hint:

Apparently "none" must be quoted.  Has it always been that way?  I've
seen a couple other cases in recent years where keywords I could have
sworn I'd used unquoted now throw errors until I quote them.

What rule can help us know when keywords must be quoted?

It also occurs to me: if there's no hint, adding "Hint:" looks like a
bug, even though it may not be (doesn't seem to be in this case). Maybe
I'll see if I can get some time to patch that...

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > Hi Richard
 >
 > Have you checked out the `fillRule` property docs?
 >
 > Cheers
 >
 > Monte
 >
 >> On 15 Feb 2021, at 9:25 am, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
 >>
 >> I was hoping to use a single polygon draw a box, using the old trick
of making discontiguous regions by adding a blank line between lists of
points.

 >> The results draws the lines as I expected, but the fill is
unpredictable, at least for me.  Apparently the fill rules for a polygon
cause it to not fill some regions, even when discontiguous.

 >> I guess I'll have to use separate objects, but I was wondering if
anyone has a description of the polyfill rule(s), or better, a way to
coerce discontiguous polygon regions to always be filled.