Smooth scrolling

Craig newman craig at starfirelighting.com
Tue Feb 2 09:16:24 EST 2021

On a Mac, I made a field with 25000 words or so. Certainly dragging the
thumb is jerky.

But dragging the thumb forces the field's scroll  to track the thumbPos, as
it relates to the number of lines and the total "pixel" travel available to
that thumb. I don't see how a field could scroll smoothly at all, since the
thumb and the scroll are locked together.

In other words, how can it "glide" from one line (scroll position) to
another, since the thumbPos has a finite number of possible locations, and
if there are a LOT of lines, each location may be several lines away?

Craig