Smooth scrolling

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 18:53:25 EST 2021

My impression is that a LiveCode field scrolls less smoothly than a comparable field in some other programs, such as MS Word and Scrivener.  If I paste about 25,000 words into a word wrapped scrolling field, and then drag the scrolling thumb up and down there is much more jumpiness than I see when I do the same thing to the same text in those other programs.  (LC 9.6 on Mac OS 10.12.6).  Do others see the same thing?  Does anyone know the underlying cause of this, or a remedy?

David Epstein