Polygons

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 13:43:54 EDT 2021

I have to say that I'm not seeing this.
I seem to remember that graphics can't show a fill unless all lines are
visible.
As a test I created a graphic called "myPoly" .
I placed a checkbox called "showSides" (and removed its script)
in a button I placed the following script:

*on* mouseUp

*-- points for a 100 unit square with 4 sides visible*

*put* "50,50" &cr& "150,50" &cr& "150,150" &cr& "50,150" &cr& "50,50" &cr
into tPointsFor4Lines

*-- points for a 100 unit square with alternate sides visible*

*put* "50,50" &cr& "150,50" &cr& cr& "150,150" &cr& "50,150" &cr &cr&
"50,50" &cr into tPointsFor2Lines

*set* the opaque of grc "myPoly" to true *-- ensures fill is visible*

*if* the hilite of btn "showSides" is true

*then*

*set* the points of grc "myPoly" to tPointsFor4Lines *-- all sides showing*

*else*

*set* the points of grc "myPoly" to tPointsFor2Lines *-- alternate sides
showing*

*end* *if*

*end* mouseUp

When you run this and flip between 4 and 2 sides its showing the square is
drawn correctly,

4 sides visible - filled and 2 sides visible - not filled

If you check the Inspector for the graphic the opaque property hasn't
changed.

The only way I can think to overcome this is to create another graphic -
the same size as your first one, place it underneath your graphic and group
them together. Then when all sides are visible you can make this background
graphic invisible and when sides are 'missing' make it visible again to
provide the fill or simply leave it visible since it won't be seen under
your original graphic. When sides 'disappear' and the fill disappears this
graphic will then provide your fill.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Ian

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 18:04, Terence Heaford via use-livecode <

iangmcknight at gmail.com