VPN and tsNet

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 27 06:03:42 EDT 2020

On 2020-10-27 01:05, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> I have a fairly simple stack that I use to get FedEx tracking data
> using tsNetPostSync.  It has worked fine until a new VPN connection
> was added.  The only change that I know is that it no longer allows a
> split tunnel so everything must go through the VPN.  Assuming that is
> the issue, how do I configure tsNet to use the VPN instead of trying
> to connect directly?  (I’m pretty sure that proxy is not enabled yet,
> but that is probably coming too).  I did try to set the
> defaultNetworkInterface but it did not seem to have any impact.  For
> now I am just disconnecting the VPN to pull the data.

I *think* the 'interface' setting is what you want:

“interface”: (Introduced in tsNet version 1.4.0) Specify the interface,
IP address or host name to be used for the outgoing connection.

This should be set to the local ip address of the interface (i.e. VPN)
you want the socket connection to come from on the local machine.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Hopefully Charles can correct this if I'm wrong!

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps