Line length

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Oct 26 13:44:16 EDT 2020

Bob,

I do what you're talking about all the time.   Here's my setObjectHeightToText command that I use (pass it the long id of the field, and the minimum height you want):

on setObjectHeightToText lID,minH
  put the rect of lID into tRect
  put item 2 of tRect + the formattedHeight of lID into item 4 of tRect
  if minH > 1 then
    if item 4 of tRect - item 2 of tRect < minH then
      put item 2 of tRect + minH into item 4 of tRect
    end if
  end if
  set the rect of lID to tRect
end setObjectHeightToText