Line length

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 26 13:17:03 EDT 2020

I have a field on one of my apps whose width needs to change depending on content, but there is a minimum and a maximum width aspect, so that an empty field doesn’t appear like a weird tiny rectangle or stretch to overlap other objects.

I use something like:

if the formattedWidth of field x < tMinWidth then set the width of field x to tMinWidth
else if the formattedWidth of field x > tMaxWidth then set the width of field x to tMaxWidth
else set the width of field x to the formattedWidth of field x

Bob S