Livecode Podcast Player - earbud click?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 05:33:19 EDT 2020

Yes. I have some old code - seems to still work fetching and parsing RSS steams. I’m looking into the best way. To make the player now - browser or player widget?

An interesting experiment this morning with earbuds - if I play an mp3 or a video in the player object and listen to the sound through the earbuds - pressing / clicking the earbuds has no effect on the playback. Using the machinery of the browser widget pauses and restarts the playback reliably. I want. This feature so I may well choose the browser widget unless I can figure out a message that is sent to the. Stack that I can trap?

The issue is that I want to know the “currenttime” when the video is paused - this and other features would be easier using the player control. I guess I can use javascript if needed?