LiveCode server IDE

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Oct 12 15:51:57 EDT 2020

Hi Keith,

My workflow is not much different from Ralph's.

Short answer:

  - edit in IDE, test in IDE

  - upload to server using Coda 2  (which I also use to edit non-lc files).

Long answer:

  - I don't use any of the LCserver specific features -  no entangled
html, no includes, ... - everything is a regular script-only stack

  - I have a test stack that I use in the IDE which lets me specify
which page (and parameters, cookies, etc.) I want, generates the web
page and displays the output in a web browser instance within the
testing stack.

  - when satisfied, I use Coda 2 to upload the LC files (I never edit
them in Coda))

  - I edit other files (menu definitions, form definitions, web pages,
views, etc.)  in Coda2

I use both on-rev and hostM for servers - both have everything already
installed,  good support, etc.

(tbh, if on-rev hadn't had a bad patch a few years ago with email
problems, I would probably never have strayed, but it's kind of good to
know that hostM is there as an alternate source in case I need it :-)

Alex.