reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

Andrew at MidWest Coast Media andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Mon Nov 23 15:39:23 EST 2020

You should be able to use mergAV with the source set as library or album. I use the live camera (“video”) to read barcodes.
	mergAVRequestMediaAccess "video"

--Andrew Bell

on mouseDown

	mergAVRequestMediaAccess --“audio” ## DEPRECATED parameter requirement

end mouseDown

on mouseUp

	if platform() <> "iphone" then

		answer "Sorry, the barcode scanner feature is currently unavailable on this platform."

		exit mouseUp

	else

		wait 500 milliseconds with messages

		mergAVCamStartBarcodeReader

	end if // platform()

end mouseUp

on mergAVCamBarcodeFound pBarcode, pType

	answer pType && “barcode found” & cr & pBarcode

	mergAVCamDelete

end mergAVCamBarcodeFound