Suspend in iOS, or when is a mobile app running?

Mark Smith marksmithhfx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:39:24 EST 2020

And just a reminder that, under iOS, you’ll have to register to receive a “ UIApplicationWillResignActiveNotification” message, and then write a handler to respond to that (PS only register once in your stack script — I learned the hard way). It’s documented under mergNotify in the dictionary (with credit to Elanor for pointing this out to me when my “on shutdownRequest” handlers were being ignored).

Jacque, I believe this is what you are looking for to be notified when you go into the background. I do some db cleanup at that time and it seems to work.

Mark