Standardizing codepoints

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:50:56 EST 2020

I don't know what sort of situation you are describing.

I can only imagine you mean describing something like û as either u +
circumflex, or circumflexed u (ie, on glyph).

If you go here:

https://www.unicode.org/charts/

apart from going blue in the face at the absolutely mind-blowing extent
of the thing, you can isolate almost
every glyph you can imagine as a single glyph (rather than a combination
of several0.

If you are referring to surrogate pairs: forget them quickly, they are
old hat and guaranteed to give you
a permanent cluster headache.

Best, Richmond.