Windows startup issue

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 9 17:52:22 EST 2020

That should work, I don't see anything in those three lines that would fail -- except maybe if
"the fontnames" couldn't be retrieved on that machine. It almost looks like the engine thinks
"the fontnames" is a custom function since it's reporting it can't find the handler.

I'm not sure how you'd fix that. I suppose you could wrap the clause in a "try" structure and
if it errors, assume the font isn't there.

On 11/9/20 4:10 PM, Marty Knapp via use-livecode wrote:
> The errors show up in a dialog window.
>
> The section of code referenced is just checking the status a a custom font. On Windows we install the font with an Inno installer (and on Mac we just start using an embedded font). Here's my code with the line numbers added. 67 being referenced several times in the error:
>
> 67) if "MyCustomeFontName" is in the fontNames then
> 68)   put "installed" into tFontStatus
> 69) else put "loaded" into tFontStatus
>
> ---
> Marty
>
>> On Nov 9, 2020, at 1:54 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Marty Knapp wrote:
>>
>>> I have a customer who is having a weird issue with a Windows app built in LC (9.6.1). It worked fine for about a month, it works fine here for me all the time and it works fine for all our other customers.
>>> On startup is begins to launch then gets a bunch of errors:
>>> 269,76,1
>>> 262,67,1
>>> 252,67,1
>>> 241,67,1