IOS Screen resizing /EXACT FIT not working as before

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:29:40 EST 2020

Hi

I was told today that the App is unusable on smaller iphones on which it
was originally designed - ny smaller I mean 6 and 7
It is usable on the bigger screens (albeit it looks "wrong")  but a lot of
people still stick with smaller screens.

Lagi

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 at 14:18, Andrew at MidWest Coast Media via use-livecode

> I’m having a similar issue with “letterbox” on an a project. It has fit
> fine for years: exact fit on older devices with black bars on top/bottom of
> newer devices. But when I rebuild now, it shows black bars on all 4 sides
> of an iPhone 11. (old build currently on AppStore renders just on
> top/bottom)
>
> Unfortunately because of how it was designed (for 5s device size with NO
> resize handler), “exactFit” will kill navigation on modern devices. The
> project needs a UI overhaul, and I’m using this as motivation for the
> client, but it seems that somewhere a change was made on how iOS device
> sizes are determined. I noticed a lot of chatter recently about this
> affecting the iPhone Plus models when zoomed. Perhaps Apple made a change
> in Xcode 11 if nothing has changed in LiveCode.
>
> -Andrew Bell

KIndest Regards Lagi