Pass Javascript Session Cookie to LiveCode Variable?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Nov 6 11:42:15 EST 2020

Hi Matthias,

Hmm, I should never do things when I’m tired.

I do the following all the time with LC session variables
and they do use the quotes.

put $_SESSION["userid"] into Varuserid

Yet the following works nicely and no array is needed:

<script type="text/javascript">

var amount1 = 23;
var amount2  = 56;
var total = amount1 + amount2;

document.cookie = "AdditionResult=" + total + ";"

</script>

<?lc

put $_cookie[AdditionResult] into VarAdditionResult

put "<br><br>"
put "VarAdditionResult = " & VarAdditionResult
put "<br><br>"

?>

So $_cookie[AdditionResult] and $_cookie[“AdditionResult”]
are different variables?

I will have to play around some more.  I’m happy that at least
something is working now.  I just need to know why.

Cheers,

Rick